From yesu mulungi
August 2 2007
We live in times were deceit is used as a weapon to control and manipulate the masses. Many Politicians, Business Leaders, Religious Leaders, Government Leaders, and a host of others in society today are not ashamed to use lies to propel their fame, positions, power, and influence. It has become a generation of deceit and lies.
The Church too has not survived the current onslaught of lies being perpetuated by Satan himself around the world, for the Bible describes Satan as the father of all lies. One of the first warnings that Jesus Christ gave to His disciples in Matthew 24 concerning the signs of His second Coming was that they ‘Take Heed’ not to be deceived. The last-days generation would be one filled with lots of lies from Satan through which he seeks total control of the masses.
However, Jesus Christ told us before hand that this would happen and that we are to take precaution or ‘heed’ that we don’t get caught in this end times apostasy. In these pieces of studies I endeavor to take a look at scriptures in the Bible in the New Testament by both Jesus Christ and His Apostles warning us about the Apostasy and Pharisee spirit.
I use the term Pharisee spirit because it is intertwined with the end times apostasy and delusion. The most dangerous False Prophets come as wolves dressed in sheep skin. They come preaching about Jesus Christ but their motives and actions are those of pure bloodied false prophets and wolves.
It is imperative that we understand what Jesus Christ spoke about the Pharisees and you will see that it ties in well with the end time delusion. This ‘Pharisee spirit’ is live and working today, it is the spirit of the antichrist and may very well be present in the church you attend today.
Besides all the discernment I will present in these studies, it is vital that one examines their heart before The Lord in light of these scriptures presented that your heart does not get caught up by the Pharisee Spirit of hypocrisy and lies.
While it is imperative that we use scriptures for discernment, it is vital that we also check our own hearts and examine ourselves if we still stand in the faith and that we have not fallen to the wiles of the Pharisee Spirit and as such become part of those engaged in the end time apostasy.
It is vital too that we don’t get offended by The Word of God. The people who think that they cannot get deceived are the most vulnerable and naïve at best; most of our churches today never ever study such scriptures and only depend on the traditions of men, most of which are unbiblical.
Many have endeavored to write about cults and popular ‘Christian’ movements today when dealing with the end time apostasy, however, I will take a look at what scripture tells us so that our discernment is not dependant on mere documentaries but on God’s Holy Word. For the most part I will let God’s Word speak for it’s self. The Goal of these studies is to let you grow in discernment and love for Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
You shall know them by their fruits…
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
(16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Jesus Christ tells us that false prophets will come in sheep’s clothing but are wolves…not just wolves but ravening wolves…
False Prophets will not come in the open for everyone to see but will come preaching and speaking about Jesus Christ but their actions are those of wolves…they come in subtly…
Jesus Christ says that we shall know them by their fruits…sometimes trees take time to brae fruits but when they do you know it… I am not speaking about folks who struggle with sin to overcome it but about folks who exhibit love for the world and worldliness…and as such they find excuse to indulge in their hidden sins… The Prosperity Doctrine is a good example of riches and wealth being emphasized leading to love for the world and then sin becomes normal…
The Fruit True Christians bring forth is the Life, Character, and Authority of Jesus Christ while that of False Prophets is the life, character, and authority of the world – Worldliness…
Jesus Christ gives us another clue that false prophets would come around saying ‘Lord, Lord’ but would not obey Jesus Christ by doing His Father’s Will in Heaven. These are they spoken about in Matthew 24:
(4) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
(5) For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
They will come in His Name saying Jesus is the Christ but will deceive many….they will come preaching and teaching about Jesus Christ in His Name but using that as a ploy to deceive the masses…these are they that say ‘Lord Lord’ but are disobedient to Christ…they are sons of perdition.
Many preachers, pastors, and bible teachers today in many mega churches fall under this category. This will sound offensive to many but so be it, this has to do with your eternal destiny, you can choose to follow and obey God’s Word and live or obey Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Benny Hinn, and Creflo Dollar and perish…
Many of these preachers speak in the Name of Jesus yet preach lies. They preach 50 per cent truth and the rest is deceit and poison; that 50, 30, 20 per cent lies and poison is what is enough to kill you spiritually and that IS HOW DECEPTION WORKS! Deception is always packaged in ‘semi truth’ containers…
Watch the Words they speak, for it is not Truth…
(33) Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
(34) O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Jesus Christ gives us another clue here, the words that men speak, for they shall be justified by them or condemned by the same. False prophets will often speak words that are not in God’s Word. Because God’s Word does not abide in then, therefore they speak words of their own making.
Jesus Christ said that an evil man will out of the evil treasure bring forth evil things and a good man out of the good treasure of his heart will bring forth good things. When you read Psalms 119, you cannot fail to notice that the good treasure spoken of here is God’s Holy Word that men must hide in their hearts so as not to sin against The Lord. Therefore those who are false will always speak false as Isaiah forewarned about them…
(20) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
1 Peter 4:11
(11) If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
From the above scriptures we see that if one does not speak according to God’s Word or as the oracles of God, then it is because there is no light in them. This is what Jesus Christ meant when He said “O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh”…
False prophets and false teachers will always speak words and doctrines that don’t line up with God’s Holy Word, so watch what they say, you will not fail to find them out.
Many Christians don’t want to “criticize” their pastors or cross check to see if what their pastors preach lines up with God’s Holy Word. This is not only wrong behavior by Christians but very unbiblical. The result is that people who are filled with darkness minister to the undiscerning Christian and as such they are brought under bondage and delusion of Satan inside the church itself. The Berean Christians in the book of acts were not so, when Paul the apostle ministered in the town, they searched the scriptures to see if what Paul taught was so.
(10) And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
(11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
(12) Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
There it is important that you check the scriptures to see if what a preacher or pastor preaches lines up with the whole counsel of God’s Holy Word. If that preacher or pastor preaches things that re unbiblical, the bible says it is because there is no light in him but darkness and therefore doctrines of devils…
A very good example is when Creflo Dollar made the following statement…
“I’m telling you, Jesus wasn’t poor, and He didn’t wear no rags, either. Like we march in on these Easter little plays that we do at our church, with those raggedy sheets on. Jesus didn’t have no rags on. He wore designer clothes, honey!”
(Creflo Dollar Crusade, Feb. 9, 1999. Bob Hunter, “Contenders”)
Now when we examine such a statement to see if it lines up with God’s Holy Word we find that it is not Biblical at all and nowhere in the scriptures… This is pure lies and deceit being preached by Creflo Dollar in order to support his false prosperity doctrines…
False Teachers always teach the Traditions and Doctrines of men…
(1) Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
(2) Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
(3) But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
(4) For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
(5) But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
(6) And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
(7) Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
(8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
(9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(10) And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
(11) Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
(12) Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
(13) But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
(14) Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Jesus Christ exposes another trait of false teachers and Pharisee spirit… They always teach the traditions of men as doctrines of God. They set out their own rules and force them down on people.
The traditions of the elders to them are the uttermost important. They place Traditions of men above The Word of God. This can be seen today in Mega Church movements where folks are forced to Tithe, to the Building Fund, forceful giving, mandatory church and home cell attendance etc… Believers end up walking under legalism and not the freedom and grace we have in Jesus Christ…
Many of the teachings in today’s churches are no where to be found in scripture but are just concoctions and traditions of men. It is time Christians examine such teachings according to God’s Word and reject the counterfeit!
Jesus Christ also speaks about another trait of false prophets and Pharisee spirit…they love to worship The Lord but with lip service and their hearts being to far from The Lord. Often you hear Christians who naively say, “lets not judge one another but just worship together”, such worship is false because the hearts are far from The Lord and not obedient to His commands. Such folks worship not in Truth and in Spirit. They forget that The Holy Spirit is The Spirit of Truth and Truth being God’s Holy Word….
The sayings of Jesus Christ always offend the Pharisees or those captured by a ‘Pharisee Spirit’. No wonder Jesus Christ was thrown out of the synagogues. In Revelation 3 to the Church of Laodicea, Jesus Christ was locked out of their Churches and that is why He was standing out at the door knocking to any who would let Him in… The Pharisee Spirit will get people offended at God’s Holy Word because it is a spirit of the world and promotes man and worldliness; it is a spirit of the antichrist…
Jesus Christ gives us a very clear warning that those who allow themselves to be led by Pharisees and False teachers will all end up in the ditch…and that is representative of hell and destruction.
A False Spirit hates the Sufferings of Christ…
(21) From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
(22) Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
(23) But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
(24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
(25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
(26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
One of the most obvious signs of a false spirit, false teachers, false prophets, is their hate to associate with the sufferings of Jesus Christ. Most False doctrines today center around the theme of a feel good gospel, one that to do with pleasures of the flesh.
We see that Peter was being used of the Devil to talk Jesus Christ out of death on the Cross. The message and concerns of Satan were those of man and the false prophets and false teachers today are only concerned with the affairs of men.
False prophets and teachers will always deny the cross of Jesus Christ and teach messages that make their listeners to love the world and things of this world. Jesus Christ gave a clear message that those who desire to be His disciples must deny all, carry their cross and follow Him…sufferings are part of the Christian Life…
False Prophet and Teachers always teach their followers to gain the world, to make it big in this world, to have the best car, best house and best this and that while the naïve Christians under such teachers forget that they are on a fast track to loosing their souls, for Jesus Christ taught that it was useless gaining the whole world and losing one’s soul. False teachers such as those of the prosperity doctrine, purpose driven doctrine are teaching their believers to gain the whole world and not to deny all but gain all while they “follow” Christ.
To be continued…
In Christ Jesus